Thursday, November 19, 2009

Age of Imperialism, I think I did it right this time..

1.

1.)



2.) Err...I hope this is right.

3.) The Commitee of Safety along with he American Minister to Hawaii helped overthrow the monarchy.
2. This article basically explains how Joseph Pulitzer wrote this newspaper, what he wrote about, and how it was expressed. He revealed some of the corruption in the economy, and he used sensationalism. He mainly expressed these ideas through pictures, or cartoons mostly.
3. For one, Hearst published pictures in his newspaper called The World and blamed the Spanish for sinkinig the Maine. Pulitzer's newspaper, The Journal, did the same. The newspapers were pretty much the only way for the public to get informed on what was going on so they believed what they said. The two newspapers competed for the reader's attention, they stretched the truth on some stories just so the readers would stay interested. The conflict between the Spanish and Cuba was soon blown out of proportion and spread throughout both newspapers.
Only needed one website...

No comments:

Post a Comment